High School Academics
Online and Honors Education
Take Up the Challenge
Challenging Honors Courses
High school honors courses are designed to help students quickly master concepts and require a high degree of independence and self-discipline. Both are valuable skills for students on the path to future success.
In honors courses, students:
- Evaluate and synthesize information
- Demonstrate more advanced writing skills
- Participate in honors projects
Who should take honors courses at IAVA?
To enroll in AP® courses online or honors courses, we recommend that high school students:
- Complete their prerequisites successfully
- Obtain a recommendation from a teacher or school counselor
- Have a strong interest in the subject