About Our School
The mission of the IAVA is to personalize learning for each student and prepare all students for productive and healthy lifestyles in a diverse global society. The Clayton Ridge Board of Education adopted seven goals for the IAVA.
1. Each student receives a dynamic personal education plan designed to meet challenging academic goals while building confidence and self-efficacy.
2. Each student is assigned a learning team (i.e., primary teacher, learning coach, parent if other than the learning coach, school administrator, and guidance counselor) to encourage learning to happen in a variety of ways from multiple sources.
3. Each student learns essential knowledge and skills at their instructional pace in each core content area.
4. Each student participates in social learning techniques to build knowledge using collaborative skills and teamwork.
5. Each student participates in service-learning projects that benefit the global community.
6. Each student demonstrates knowledge and skills for family and friends at special events and performances (i.e., arts, crafts, music recitals, poetry, special projects, student products, collected artifacts, etc.).
7. Each student maintains an educational portfolio tracking academic progress, summarizing involvement in school clubs or civic organizations, describing field experiences related to the taught curriculum, and an annual review of short-term and long-term goals reviewed by the primary teacher, school guidance counselor, parent or learning coach.