How Online High School Works
Exceptional Courses, Entire Support Team, Individualized Program
The K12 online high school program provides IAVA students with a high school experience like no other. With more than 150 online courses from which to choose, including three to four versions of core subjects, students enjoy an individualized high school program tailored to their goals and abilities.
IAVA high school students receive many benefits through the K12 high school program, including:
- Outstanding, individualized curriculum from K12, the leading online K-12 curriculum provider for the K-12 community and a CITA-accredited company
- Multiple curriculum options to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Diverse high school catalog with more than 150 courses, including up to four levels of courses in Math, English, Science, and History
- Individualized Learning Plan for each student charts a course for success during and after high school
- Teachers, advisors, counselors, coordinators, and other educational personnel - offering personalized, extensive support to students and families
- Robust college and career planning tools
- Extracurricular clubs and activities
- In-person teacher-led and school-sponsored events where they can network with their peers
Who is this intended for?
The IAVA high school program serves students in grades 9-12 who reside within the state of Iowa.
What are the costs?
Because IAVA is part of the public school system, Iowa Virtual Academy is tuition-free. The K12 curriculum is provided free of charge.
How do I get started?
Visit our How to Enroll in IAVA section for more information about how to start the enrollment process.