Testing and Assessment FAQs
What tests are required as part of the program?
Students who are enrolled in Iowa Virtual Academy are required to take the following tests:
- K12 lesson assessments
- K12 unit assessments
- Iowa State Assessment of Student Progress (ISASP)
- Math, reading, and Language Arts for students in grades 3-11
- Science for students in grades 5, 8 and 10
- Fast Bridge for students in grades K-6
- Diagnostic assessments (Star 360) for students in grades K-12
Do I have to participate in state testing?
Families enrolling at IAVA must be willing to participate in all required areas of the program.